Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The War? On Terror

I've heard the same theme about the War on Terror cropping up in various newsradio broadcasts and magazines over the past few weeks - reframing the struggle and declaring victory in the war on terror. I read a very interesting article "Declaring Victory" in The Atlantic Monthly September 2006 issue this past weekend and would urge you to run to the nearest bookstore/magazine stand to pick it up. If, for some reason, you can't do this, email me and I'll send you a copy. We've heard the Republican rhetoric on this for so long, it's exciting to see people standing up and saying "Hey, we're going about this important problem all wrong!" I hope the Dems are paying attention because this type of policy shift could spell major gains for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home