Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

I can't believe that one year ago I was in Vermont on my birthday. I can't remember if I had heard of Soulmate at this point and I was waiting to see if he would accept the shidduch or if that came after... In any case, ten days from now is the anniversary of our first phone call. H-shem has blessed me this year. May He continue to do so. I found the love of my life. We got engaged. We got married.

We moved to this beautiful island where we recently helped in the opening of the new Jewish Education Centre - complete with our own shul and a full time preschool. For the past few weeks I've been lucky to have the tremendous mitzah of baking kosher challah for our community.

And, G-d willing, Soulmate and I will have something else to celebrate in late December or early January.

Happy birthday to me, indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Aryeh said...

b'sha'ah tova! HaShem should continue to bless you with all manner of good things...hope you have a very happy birthday...

19 August, 2006 23:26  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm working on it, Elster.

Mia and MC - thanks.

AS

22 August, 2006 10:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home