Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What Have Anysara and Soulmate Been Up To

Not much, actually. Enjoying the arrival of summer in Victoria. We headed to the beach yesterday for the inaugural swim of the year - lovely - and the water was even quite warm.

Victoria is an interesting city. The aging hippie population keeps the arts/culture scene trendy, but you'd never know it driving around town. Victoria is also major retirement destination. Joy. I suppose I should have more respect for people who've been on this earth for 70+ years, but it drives me insane when they park their grocery baskets in the middle of the aisle and take 10 minutes before settling on Corn Flakes. If they aren't limping around the store clutching their carts, they are careening down the sidewalk in mobile wheel-chair-cum-scooters. I'm convinced that if, just once, I failed to leap into the street, I'd probably lose a limb and none of them would stop.

I've started writing again. Each morning I drag my...ahem...I mean, Soulmate's lap top out to a local coffee house where for two hours I write and try to avoid Midwesterner's guilt for staying so long in the cafe but only buying one cup of coffee.

Tomorrow (or possibly Thursday), I'm going strawberry picking. Tonight I have to clean the kitchen and go buy jam jars and fruit pectin. I'm also trying to remember to start a new batch of sourdough bread starter (suggestions for names are open) since poor Tillie didn't make the move from Michigan.

1 Comments:

Blogger BlogBlond said...

ooooooooooh- we're going to try for strawberry picking on sunday- so once again we are cosmically connected...

and it is really the privledge of the coffee shop to have you, regardless of how little coffee you buy...

maybe you could post some teaser writing, or excerpts from your last book, so everyone can see what a talented writer you are...

14 June, 2006 14:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home