Friday, April 07, 2006

Pesach Cleaning and the Michigan Democratic Party

I tackled the living room this morning and am so far immensely satisfied with the results. Soulmate and I are having a low-key Shabbos I preparation for the big Pesach kitchen-conversion on Sunday.

I had wondered if the U.S. Postal Service was going to actually forward my mail to Canada. So, far, I've received two pieces (bills, of course). However, today I was leafing through the mail and saw an envelope addressed by hand to me at my new address. A quick glance at the return address revealed that the letter was from the enterprising folks at the Michigan Democratic Party. Now, I confess to having been a card-carrying member of the MDP a few years ago, but have had no contact with them since then. Somehow, the eager beavers at MDP headquarters in Lansing were able to get my address here in Canada and send me a plea to re-up my membership. WTF? I'm sorry, wouldn't you think that if someone moves not just out of the state, but out of the country, perhaps they are no longer interested? It was $0.39 well spent, guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger SemGirl said...

I really like the format of your new blog, and I am glad you decided to keep blogging..

08 April, 2006 19:53  
Blogger BlogBlond said...

hi AS and Soulmate! maybe the dems, like the rest of your loyal following in the US, just can't let go of you... how was pesach?

17 April, 2006 19:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home