Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Work Avoidance

Just a quick blog entry before I dive into the bedroom to clean it for Pesach. This is more challenging than it sounds. My shipment of stuff arrived two days ago and there are boxes everywhere. I adore our little house, but it is definitely deficient in storage.

I has been just gorgeous in Victoria for the past few days. Yesterday, it was 80 degrees on our front porch in the sunlight. Soulmate and I have taken to picnicking around the city at lunch. Here is one of our favorite places:

Last night the local Chabad had a women's event at an esthetics salon. I went, had a nice time, and learned about skin care, but I also learned that I'm much happier in my own company than in "tolerable" company. The women were perfectly nice and sweet, but I didn't sense in that any of them were kindred spirits. Ah well, it took me awhile to find M.H. when I was first becoming frum and she is quite irreplaceable. I guess these things will just sort themselves out.

In the meantime, I'm off to the bedroom to shlep and vacuum (did most of the dusting already and Soulmate did a fab job with the top of the dresser last night).

1 Comments:

Blogger Chabad Chammer said...

I am sending out the request for more funky frum people to move out here in order to give the community not only some spirit, but some spice.

SoulMate a.k.a. Chabad_Chammer

06 April, 2006 11:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home