Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pumpkin, Krispy Kreme, and Waiting

We're in the home stretch - the baby is due to arrive in just over four weeks. I've outgrown most of my shirts - am considering wearing mumus for the duration of the pregnancy. All is well, thank G-d, but we're getting impatient to meet our little one.

A few weeks ago, we heard a rumor that a Krispy Kreme location near Vancouver had gone kosher. We called up the local authorities (BC Kosher) who flatly denied it. Our friends at Kosher Vancouver (see link at right) did some leg work and found that the nearest kosher Kripy Kreme location in Canada is in Calgary - not exactly convenient. We were disappointed, but we know that this is for the best - I just don't need readily available donuts. There is a kosher Krispy Kreme in Seattle, but we haven't been there since we passed through on our honeymoon way-back-when. My Canadian permanent residency is still being processed and I'm a little afraid to leave the country for fear that they won't let me back in (on my temporary residency paper it says in bold type "DOES NOT GUARANTEE REENTRY". Ugh.

On the plus side, a brand-spanking new grocery store opened a few days ago about six blocks from our house. Not only will this be convenient, but it will hopefully get the baby and me out of the house on foot to run errand eventually. AND, this store is stocking an item I haven't been able to find yet in Canada - Libby's kosher solid pack pumpkin - yay!

Last Shabbos we had the other, non-rabbinical frum couple in town spend the night in our guest room. We had a lovely time getting to know them better. The wife is also American, so I indulged in a Thanksgiving style menu for Friday night - complete with green bean casserole and frozen fruit salad :).

I'm taking it easy these days and have to go now to put in a load of laundry before retiring to my bed to work on getting our wedding album in order. A real dollar store finally opened up here (Canadian "dollar" stores typically have almost nothing that is only a dollar) and I got some nift scrapbooking supplies there to help with the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home